Once again, deep apologies for messing up the meeting invitation last week. We’ve had a lot going on and I simply put the wrong date on the calendar. Hopefully some of you will be able to make it or tune in Wednesday May 20th at 10 AM at Cherry Capital Foods. The address there is 1610 Barlow Street. The building is the large warehouse structure behind the building at the street’s edge. See our calendar for instructions and a map.
It’s our last formal meeting of the year, with June lining up to be an informal pot-luck style gathering of some sort, then off for the summer. After some scattered input from around the network I have also added a brief discussion item to plan a revisit of our Network’s mission, goals and objectives for 2016. There is some indication that the Good Food Charter connection is good, but not fully representative of current Network direction. We’ll put this on the floor to hear what you think.
Here’s the invite and the revised agenda. Thanks for your patience and continued trust.
Topic: Food and Farming Network Meeting May 20 (10:00 AM – 11:30 AM)
Join from PC, Mac, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/8763464532
Or join by phone:
+1 (415) 762-9988 or +1 (646) 568-7788 (US Toll)
Meeting ID: 876 346 4532
International numbers available: https://zoom.us/zoomconference
1. Welcome and Introductions
2. Grants Reporting
3. New Website (www.foodandfarmingnetwork.org) Now a WordPress site.
4. Project Task Force Reports
- Introduction and reminder of task force roles
- Standing Task Forces
- FFN Overall Goal
- 1. Farmers supply 20% of purchases
- 2. Institutions source 20%
- 3. Agri-business generation
- 4. 100% access to ample, high-quality, healthy, and culturally diverse diet
- 5. Farmland resources are available and affordable
- Recruitment / Outreach (Suggested New)
- FFN Overall Goal
- Other Reports from around the Network. (60 second updates)
- Resetting Network Mission/Goals/Objectives for 2016 (Discussion)
- June – Potluck / Social Networking / End of the Year Event
- Taking rest of July and August off.
- Consider rescheduling meetings. What’s the best week? Start back up in September.
6. Other Relevant Business
7. Adjourn (Optional Tour of Cherry Capital Foods and/or Food Innovation Hub)